Word of the Day

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Palindromes!

Yesterday, 01.02.2010, was PALINDROME DAY. Just as a reminder, a palindrome is a word or phrase which is spelled the same forward or backward. One very famous example is "Able was I ere I saw Elba."
  
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create an original palindrome of your own devising. Points will be given for palindromes that follow ANY theme. More points if you follow a New Year's theme. The longer the palindrome, the more points you will score. Have fun!

7 comments:

  1. Holy cow this is hard!

    Okay, this is my first attempt. My apologies to any Nuns out there, I actually have great respect for them. But this was the only one that even half way made sense. lol

    God saw Nun. Nun was dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. Giggles must write his class memos in palindromes. :0)

    Here's mine: Or at least the only one I can come up with so far:

    Are we not set as a test o' new era?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! Evil bats stab. Live on.

    I think Palindromes are not exactly my forte. :0s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll give this another couple of days for anyone still wanting to play...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any more? Really? Three entries is kinda slim! Oh well, maybe palendromes just isn't that interesting. I'm gonna go ahead and call this one, and maybe someone else will come up with one that will spark more interest.

    Our winner had a nice palendrome, and stuck closest to the theme...

    Congrats to Nene! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pardon the mis-spelling. It's late. Palindromes may not be fun, but late at night, I can't even spell the WORD palindromes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Giggles - I think! The only problem is now I have to come up with a new game! Yikes! One thing I'm sure of - no more palindromes for awhile. Not exactly my idea of a fun time. :0)

    ReplyDelete